Virtual CASP Workshops
CASP is now running online virtual workshop sessions with a CASP trainer.
Book now to join a CASP session, looking at a study type (Systematic Reviews/Randomised Controlled Trials/Qualitative Studies) and how to read and understand them. Taking place over 3 1/2 hours, the session will be lead by CASP Trainer, Erica Ison.
There will be an introductory presentation, small group work appraising a published paper, followed by group discussion and feedback. The aim of the workshop is to give you the confidence to read and interpret research evidence, such that you are equipped to use evidence in decision-making. The main focus of the workshop is the use of critical appraisal to support you in clinical decision-making.
- To understand why evidence-based health and care is important, and the role of critical appraisal within that
- To understand the main elements of the study type being appraised (this will change depending on the booked session) and the important quality markers to look out for
- To cover some of the important statistical analyses presented within the study type being looked at, and what they mean
- To critically appraise a piece of published research using the CASP checklist
- To consider whether/how the results can be used in practice
Participant places are limited in each virtual workshop to ensure optimal interaction between participants and lead trainer. CPD certification (equivalent to 3.5 hours) is also available to those that require it.
This workshop will take place online, and joining instructions will be sent to you after completion of booking. Participants will be sent pre-reading of a published paper to complete before the start of the session. This course will be taught in English and will take place in GMT.
Limited participant places apply to maintain good time for Q&A with the CASP trainer.
Sessions will be added on our Eventbrite pages – click the link below to book your place.