Dates: 4-6 November 2019
Our next ‘Train the Trainer’ course is now open for bookings! These workshops take place over 3 days and help develop teaching skills for learning critical appraisal.
During the workshops you will experience a typical CASP (critical appraisal skills) workshop appraising a published paper, followed by a deconstruction of the methods and content. Sessions continue on; different appraisal tools for different study designs, making sense of the results and statistics used in health research, using interactive approaches in critical appraisal teaching, adapting CASP materials for different audiences including patients, carers and the public; teaching practice and peer to peer feedback.
By the end of this course, you will feel more confident about:
- Teaching critical appraisal skills to others
- Critically appraising research evidence themselves and in their organisations
- Enhance their understanding of evidence-based practice in health and social care
- Develop their critical appraisal skills
- Develop their critical appraisal facilitation and teaching skills
- Appreciate how to plan and run critical appraisal workshops and cascade learning
Who should attend these workshops?
People that have an interest in using research evidence in their work and/or teaching. If you want to help others learn how to critically appraise research evidence in your organisation, then this is the course for you. Participants in this training will benefit from having experienced critical appraisal training previously, either from CASP or other training providers.
Our courses are also a good opportunity to network with others involved in disseminating healthcare information, including participants & trainers and facilitators.
Contact us if you would like further information, or click here to book – limited spaces available.