Dates: 12-14 October 2020
Venue: Kellogg College, Oxford, UK.
Our next ‘Train the Trainer’ course is now open for bookings! These workshops take place over 3 days and help develop teaching skills for learning critical appraisal.
During the workshops you will experience a typical CASP (critical appraisal skills) workshop appraising a published paper, followed by a deconstruction of the methods and content.
Sessions will continue on:
- Study designs
- Structuring a workshop
- How to use a checklist
- Making sense of statistics and numbers used in research
- How to teach, and use interactive approaches
- Teaching practice and peer to peer feedback
- Modelling / demonstrating CASP workshop elements
- Teaching CASP content
- Train the trainer (TtT)
By the end of this course, participants will feel more confident about:
- Teaching critical appraisal skills to others
- Critically appraising research evidence themselves and in their organisations
- Enhance their understanding of evidence-based practice in health and social care
- Develop their critical appraisal skills
- Develop their critical appraisal facilitation and teaching skills
- Appreciate how to plan and run critical appraisal workshops and cascade learning
Who should attend these workshops?
People that have an interest in using research evidence in their work and/or teaching. If you want to help others learn how to critically appraise research evidence in your organisation, then this is the course for you. Participants in this training will benefit from having experienced critical appraisal training previously, either from CASP or other training providers.
Our courses are also a good opportunity to network with others involved in disseminating healthcare information, including participants & trainers and facilitators.
For NHS/Charity/Public Sector workers we offer a discounted price of £798+VAT. This includes: 3 days of critical appraisal workshops, session materials & access to adaptable PowerPoint slides, certificate of completion, refreshments & daily 2 course lunch (accommodation is not included).